To all my dental and sleep medicine patients: Updated April 2, 2020
First and foremost, I hope you, your family and loved ones are healthy and practicing the recommend COVID-19 guideline. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
My staff and I want to ensure the health and safety of all our patients, your family members our staff and their families. As of March 17, 2020, the CDC, American Dental Association, (ADA), and the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs are asking dentists to postpone all dental elective procedures. It is recommend that we do this until April 30th.
Until May 1st, we will not being seeing patients for routine dental care. Dental procedures like your routine hygiene/cleaning visits, recommended crowns, filling, etc. will be re-scheduled on or after May 1, 2020. Rest assured we are here for you in April for any emergency dental care as well as any necessary dental sleep medicine care. If you have any dental or sleep concerns that need immediate attention, please call our office during this time. We have also implemented Telemedicine, (Teledentistry). This is a platform where you and I can have a video consult over a HIPPA Complaint Platform. So feel free to call the office and request a telemedicine appointment and I will be able to go over your dental and/or dental sleep medicine concerns.
We are all hoping to resume our normal patient care when it is recommended, but the recommended timeline is subject to the federal and state governing bodies and may change. (Updates on this to follow).
I also want to keep you informed about our infection control and the recent COVID-19; (coronavirus) pandemic. We also know you are concerned about this. We have always followed the CDC guidelines for over 30 years. We should also emphasize that while we are all concerned about the COVID-19; (coronavirus).
We have always:
- We always use proper sterilization, for all our dental instruments.
- We always monitor our autoclave sterilization weekly with Emory University.
- We always use PEE, (personal protective equipment), (gloves, masks, eyewear), for all procedures.
- We always use proper hand washing technique.We disinfect all environmental surfaces after each patient.
- We use disposable items when indicated.
Additionally we now have implemented certain COVID-19 protocols:
- Patient screening prior to emergency treatment. (Questioning if you had recent travel, contact with anyone have the COVID-19 virus, fever, dry cough, etc. for the last 14 days).
- A pre and post treatment 1% hydrogen peroxide rinse.
- Taking temperature readings as part of our routine assessment before treatment.
- Cleaning and disinfecting public areas frequently, including reception chairs, tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- Face shields in addition to our Level III masks
- We are working on a mass texting platform and e-mail blast platform to communicate with you during this COVID-19 pandemic.
- Please remember to opt-in for these two platforms.
- We may also host a zoom meeting in the near future, so look for an invite for this!
As always thank you for allowing us to be your dental and dental sleep medicine health care provider and rest assured we are always doing what is needed to provide you with the best and latest in dental care, in a safe environment.
John A. Carollo, DMD
John A. Carollo, DMD and Staff