Dr. Carollo’s Office on the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Infection Control
To all my dental and sleep medicine patients:
Hi this is Dr. John Carollo, Today is Tuesday May 26, 2020. The Good News is that per NJ Governor Murphy, we are able to treat all patients, for dental and Dental Sleep Medicine. Again, I hope you, your family and loved ones are healthy and practicing the recommend COVID-19 guidelines for social distancing and staying safe!
If you or a family member have a dental or dental sleep related issue, please call our office to speak with a staff member to make an appointment. If you have any concerns about coming in, please call and talk with a staff member or myself. I can do a Telemedicine or Teledentistry virtual appointment. This is a platform where you and I can have a video consult over a HIPPA Complaint Platform. So feel free to call the office and request this, and I will be able to go over your dental and/or dental sleep medicine concerns.
Remember, we have always:
- We always use proper Personal Protection Equipment, sterilization and infection control, for all our dental procedures for the last 35 years.
- Gloves, masks, eyewear, hand washing, Sterilization.
We are disinfecting all environmental surfaces after each patient and using disposable items when indicated.
Additionally we now have implemented new COVID-19 protocols:
- Patient screening prior to your treatment. (Questioning if you had recent travel, contact with anyone have the COVID-19 virus, fever, dry cough, etc. for the last 14 days).
- We will now have you call us from our parking lot prior to your entering our office so we can make sure we are reading for your appointment time.
- We will let you know when to come up to our office, to keep the proper social distancing in our office, all medical offices are practicing this procedure.
- When coming in with your children, please only one parent and the child who has the dental appointment should come into our office, thank you.
- If you need assistance coming to our office, your health aid or loved one can accompany you.
- Everyone coming into our office will be required to wear a mask.
- As always I am looking at any technology, information and products to keep you, my staff and I safe during every patient visit.
- After our Solution Disinfection; we added UVC sterilizing lights in all areas of our office.
- UVC light sterilization is being used during COVID-19 by other industries like hotels, hospitals in some countries and the airline industry.
- COVID-19 virus is spread as an aerosol as we know.
- We are using some additional extra-oral suctioning systems already, plus I am looking at some new extra-oral HEPA suction system technology and I will update you very soon about them.
- Additionally we have installed room air purification systems which are able to filter the room air with particle size smaller than the coronavirus six to twelve times an hour.
- As we mentioned before:
- A pre and post treatment 1.5% hydrogen peroxide rinse is indicated
- Taking temperature readings as part of our routine assessment before treatment.
- Additionally, the use of gowns, shoe booties and face shields in addition to our Level III or KN95 masks.
- Cleaning and disinfecting public areas frequently, including reception chairs, tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
Lastly, I would like to thank my amazing staff for all they have done since March 17th. I am truly blessed to have this team of Dental Health Care Providers who have come in and call patients, re-arranged the office to be compliant with all the new protocols and preparing for you our patients when you come in. Thank you Gina, Donna, Gisela, Megan, Margaret, Lily and Victoria.
As always thank you for allowing us to be your dental and dental sleep medicine health care provider and rest assured we are always doing what is needed to provide you with the best and latest in dental care, in a safe environment.
John A. Carollo, DMD and Staff